- 2 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of LaBelle Winery Malbec
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, plus extra for garnish
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder (for a milder kick)
- 6 oz. of milk, semisweet, or dark chocolate, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Marshmallows, for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the milk, wine, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Keep stirring occasionally until bubbles begin to form where the milk meets the pan.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Whisk in the chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Divide the hot chocolate into mugs.
- Top each mug with marshmallows, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and some chopped chocolate.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy your Mexican Hot Chocolate with a twist of red wine!