2 1/2 c. whole milk
1/4 cup LaBelle Winery Malbec
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
Pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder for a milder impact
6 oz. milk, semisweet, or dark chocolate, chopped, plus more for garnish
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Pinch of kosher salt
Marshmallows, for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk to combine milk, wine, cinnamon, and cayenne, if using. Heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbles begin to appear where the milk meets the pan.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in chocolate, vanilla, and salt until chocolate is melted.
- Divide into mugs and top with marshmallows, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and chopped chocolate before serving if desired ground semi sauce
Amy LaBelle's Garden Fresh Salsa
4 large tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 tbsp jalapeno wine
Salt to taste
Place all ingredients together and mix until incorporated
Store in refrigerator
Amy LaBelle’s Red Wine Mole Sauce
- 3 dried chipotle chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 2 dried guajillo chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 corn tortillas, cut in 1 inch strips
- 5 tomatillos, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup LaBelle Winery Americus Red Wine
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Toast chipotle, guajillo, and ancho chiles in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until warm and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender.
- Heat 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup red wine in a saucepan until it begins to simmer, about 5 minutes. Add to the blender.
- Toast bread crumbs and tortilla strips in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the blender with chicken broth and chiles.
- Allow chiles, toasted bread, and tortillas to soak in the chicken broth until softened, about 10 minutes. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Cook tomatillos and tomatoes in a dry skillet on medium-high heat until soft and blackened, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add tomatoes in the blender.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, raisins, cumin seeds, thyme, allspice, clove, and cinnamon; cook and stir until onions are soft and golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Add onion mixture to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour puree into a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1 cup chicken broth, chocolate, salt and maple or honey. Bring mixture to a simmer and stir until chocolate is melted and sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, 10 to 15 minutes.